Monday, November 12, 2007

Psy Dubstep Trance?!

So I've been getting really into the Dubstep sound, the dark and Grimey UK dance music that has been blowing up the past couple years. This, along with Psytrance, should keep dance music interesting for at least the next couple years. So I had an idea, what about mashing up Dubstep with Psytrance? They are almost polar opposites in terms of production approach, but their tempo range is the same (Dubstep being just a couple ticks slower on average), so I figured it would be an easy proposition to lay a couple tracks over each other. In short, wow! What a cool/complex sound they create together! I haven't heard of anyone doing this before, but I wouldn't be surprised if it catches on with DJs, and ultimately producers may start creating tracks that are the spirtual children of both Psytrance and Dubstep.

Still moving forward with my DVD production despite the troubles mentioned in my last post. I've decided on a name for the disc: Adventures in the Rainbow Vortex. I'm having trouble deciding on music content for the disc, if any. If I use commercial music, I'll have to first get permission, and I'd probably pay them something for every copy I sell. Ideally I'd like to team up with a Psytrance label looking for some extra promotion.

No comments: