Friday, July 6, 2007

applied epiphanies

The theme this summer is turning out to be different than i imagined, but in a beautiful, life-changing way. I'm currently rendering a 5 minute VJ session i just played. The amount of progress I have made with my VJing style has been nothing short of astounding. I am convinced that few have developed such a configuration, and no one has happened upon the exact stye I am discovering. I'm creating a standard for my patches, and as a result I am starting to really work it into my brain in a way that is becoming natural in execution. There is still a lot of work to be done, but it is all complete fun and I will get there as long as I continue to dedicate myself. It is somewhat unexpected that I would be spending so much time VJing. I had originally been prepared to focus on creating music on this journey. While I have been capturing a bunch of good field recordings with my Edirol r-09, I have been doing very little in the way of composition.

I'm in Minnesota right now at Heather's Dad's house. They are all at a family picnic. I opted out because I ate some lactose earlier and it seriously threw my insides out of wack. In general since I have been in this town my eating habits have been less than adequate for my sensitive system. I really can't wait to get to a natural foods store and put my body back in harmony. Other than that, this portion o fthe trip has been pretty neat. I feel like I understand how/why Heather is the way she is after spending some time with her family. I spent 4th of July at the family's cabin by a lake, and we all piled onto a couple boats and watched fireworks. Boats are relaxing.

The last leg of the trip seems to be solidifying. In a few days we will be off to Omaha, NE. We are using couchsurfing.com to find some people to stay with for a night or two there, and then we will be on our way to Denver CO. From there we hope to get a ride out to the Dreamtime festival in Paonia, where we will spend 4 or 5 days camping there. I will be VJing and Heather is volunteering, so we won't have to pay tickets, and I might even get paid a little if I do a good job. From there we will head to San Diego to breathe in some nice beach air and see a couple friends. I'm really excited for that, they are always great for deep conversation and overall chillage.

Oh, yeah. Its my birthday today. Quarter-century old. Definitely time to be moving at high velocity.

No comments: