Thursday, June 28, 2007

trouble in the air

the past 24 hours have been pretty intense. The bus ride went as expected - twelve hours on a greyhound isn't much to write home about. I did manage to get about 4 hours of sleep on it, which is good I guess. We arrived in Columbus at 7:30am. Steve and Beth picked us up and we had a tasty breakfast at Waffle House while we caught up on our musings. From there it kind of went downhill. I found out that I am deathly allergic to their 2 cats. I tried to ignore it at first, then I tried to pretend like it would be OK. I took a Zyrtec and hoped that would solve the problem, and it kind of did, at least a little bit. By mid-afternoon I actually had a good 3 hour chunk of VJing where I had a slight epiphany about the ability to mix the opacity of effects instances, and the subsequent implications for controlled feedback. Much light was seen. It forced me to take a walk to shake off my excited energy. Steve had some work to do, so Hubs and I went with Beth to a coffee shop where a design group was meeting to discuss creative projects to help raise awareness of issues in the community. Good times, but by then I was realizing how much of an effect the cat dander/misc. allergens were having on my airways. I was having trouble breathing because of inflammation/constriction. So, I ultimately sent up tent in their backyard to camp for the night and probably the rest of the weekend, which is where I sit now. What another crazy day.

No comments: