Wednesday, June 6, 2007

in teh Delaware

Yesterday I woke up outside on the porch of my sister's apartment. I was allergic to something in her house, probably the excessive amount of pet dander. As the sun lightened the sky, lazy clouds unveiled their shapes, birds sang all around, and distant traffic built up to a consistent din. Then I fell asleep again and woke up some hours later when my sleeping bag became heated from the Sun. We spent the morning playing with my sister's roommate's Flavia machine, and Heather realized she had the ability to make a good omelet. My sister was nice enough to let us borrow one of her cars for the day, so we took a trip to center city. After getting really irritated with city traffic, we stopped at South street and walked from 12th St. to the Riverfront. We also visited the Rodin Museum (the guy who created the 'Thinker' sculpture). My sister has in a relaly nice mood and offered to make us dinner, so we obliged, and it was damn good too. Then we decided to end our stint in Philly and drove down to my parent's house in DE. All was well at first. Heather met them and we talked for awhile. The trouble started when it came time to go to sleep. More allergic reactions. Yay. My eyes burned and became red and inflamed, my lungs closed up, and my nose was dripping and stingy. I took an emergency Zyrtec, and then finally I fell into a drug induced slumber outside on the screen porch.

No comments: