Monday, June 4, 2007

56 hours of bussing.

The bus trip was greusome and fun, an exercise in patience. Next time I take a bus trip that far, I'll be taking a break somewhere in the middle. We were thinking of stopping in Columbus, OH on our way to MN in July to visit the Project Ruori crew, one of my favorites from the Electro-Music regulars.

So, we got into Philly and made our way over to Vytear's residence, and everything from that point until now has been a blur of complete fun. In between the relentless audio-visual-social bombardment that is Electro-Music 2007, there was lots of greasy chinese food, The Dark Crystal, preparations for my own audio-visual set, and walking around the city and forest with Heather.

I think my set went well enough, I only heard good things about it. I also heard very positive things about my visuals for other artists. I think I one-upped my Vytear video performance over last year.

If all that wasn't enough to make me tired, I was woken up by Heather last night telling me she needed my help. She walks me into the bathroom where I saw pools of blood everywhere- the sink, the floor, the toilet, bathtub, walls...all covered in blood. If anyone had seen that, the first thing they would say is "Where's the dead body?". Luckily, it wasn't death, but still pretty scary. Her lip piercing had started bleeding and wasn't coagulating properly. It must have been 25 minutes before the blood flow stopped. By the end her skin was a pale grey, she almost fainted, and I spent 2 hours cleaning Jason's bathroom.

At any rate, I've had enough excitement for a little while. Today is for reflection, rest, and dinner with my sister.

No comments: